question

dirk avatar image
dirk asked

Battery overheating

I have an Multi Plus 24 5000 120 on a hause bank of six 230 ah batteries Is it possibel to run more than one temperatur sensors because two batteries always get hot.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Why do these batteries get hot?
I'd find this out first (cabling, batteries not healthy? other batteries not healthy so these batteries take all the load, etc)

I'd connect the sensor to the battery that get's the highest temperature, but the fact that a battery get's hot would concern me a lot!

Do you have pictures of the battery setup?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Dirk

Battery temperatures going up when charging do indicate more serious problems.

Since we have no idea if your Multi settings correct for charging your battery bank or how your system is wired, or even how old the batteries are, the question cannot be answered with certainty.

The first thing that does come to mind is that there is some internal problems, like shorting, in the batteries.

2 |3000