question

mafu avatar image
mafu asked

Monitor third party charge controller MODBUS RTU

Hello, I would like to add a wind turbine to my system. We have multiplus and a fronius inverter AC coupled. The wind turbine would be connected to the batteries thorugh its own MPPT controller. I know I should add a shunt to measure charge current from wind charger and multiplus. The wind charge controller also has modbus communication, so my question is if is it possible to add the charge controller to ccgx throguh modbus so it will show as the fronius invertner hand have more information about it on vrm.

Thank you

CCGX Color ControlModbus TCPHydro and Wind Power
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mikhail-petukhov avatar image
mikhail-petukhov answered ·

Who is the MPPT controller manufacturer? In case of you have Bornay, this one is already supported. In another case, you can write a driver for Modbas RTU that will allow to publish and take into account the data of the wind turbine. Unfortunately VRM does not have an instance for wind power, but it can be published as solar power.

Driver example https://github.com/CarlosBornay/venus-bornaywind

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mafu avatar image
mafu answered ·

Thank you very much, this is for Aeolos wind turbine and I think they are using their own charger. But I should be able to do something like that for it

2 |3000

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Modbus TCP Basics