question

Simon Fey avatar image
Simon Fey asked

Compiling the Venus image

Hi Victrons, I am trying to compile your venus image v2.72 from source following the provided manual on github.

My image however lacks lots of packages in comparison to your provided downloadable image here: https://updates.victronenergy.com/feeds/venus/release/images/raspberrypi2/venus-image-raspberrypi2-20210705130613-v2.72.rootfs.wic.gz

There are 102 packages missing incl. vebus-system-config, vebus-updater, vecan-dbus, velib-tools, velib-canhw-socketcan just to name a few. Are they located in your meta-victronenergy-private repository?

I plan to create an image incl. some additional packages. Will this even work?

Venus OSRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
jeroen avatar image
jeroen answered ·

Hi, they are indeed in meta-victronenergy-private, but they are available as binaries in the feed. You can try the following (untested):

/opt/victronenergy/swupdate-scripts/set-feed.sh candidate
opkg update
opkg install packagegroup-ve-addons
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Simon Fey avatar image
Simon Fey answered ·

thanks! that actually worked. I might however end up doing it the other way around... -> flashing your official image and installing my packages with opkg install file.ipk

2 |3000

rafl avatar image
rafl answered ·

Hi Jeroen, can I compiled venus os för Banana Pi M3? It has also ARM plattform

2 |3000