question

mora avatar image
mora asked

VictronConnect App will not pair with MPPT 100/30

I've rebooted everything, got rid of, and then reinstalled the app. Turned off and on bluetooth. But when I try to pair with controller over bluetooth I get the same message "cannot connect" I've tried everything in the trouble shooting manual! The professional I bought the used system from says "it's a mystery" and Victron says they don't deal with end users. And the solar doesn't even show up in my devices list (just the controller). Can anybody help??? TIA I'm using an iPhone 11.

Help
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

Can you make a screen shot of what you see and post it here in a comment or answer?

And perhaps also make a VictronConnect service report? The procedure is described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
jkrellner avatar image
jkrellner answered ·

I don't know if this will make a difference; but, have you enabled access to the local network for the app on your phone? I've seen in other apps when this setting persists even if you remove/re-install the app. This is found under settings, VictronConnect (scroll way to the bottom).

img-62c1625b40e2-1.jpeg

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mora avatar image mora commented ·
Yes, I've made sure of all that.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Do you get the PIN request window?

Not sure about iOS but on some Android phone the PIN request is hidden in the notification bar.

The default PIN is 000000 (6x zero).

1 comment
2 |3000

Yes, I've entered the 6 zeros many times.
0 Likes 0 ·
mv-anne avatar image
mv-anne answered ·

what kind of mppt charger do you have. a Bluesolar or smartsolar.

1 comment
2 |3000

SmartSolar
0 Likes 0 ·
mora avatar image
mora answered ·

img-e6b8f9a83e4c-1.jpeg

I have SmartSolar. This is the screen I get after attempting to pair with the 6 zeros three times. It gets to 80% then "unable to connect". I have enabled access to bluetooth and the local network. I've reloaded the app twice. I've done everything the trouble shooting guide says to do. Is there no one who can help me?

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

Can you please also try "123456" as pincode? We have had some reports that (somehow) this was set as pincode.

When this does not work, please try to reset the pincode using the puk code (procedure described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_ResetPIN) and then try again to connect using the pincode "000000".

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic