question

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany asked

Easysolar temp sensor/CCGX

Hi, doing my nut here.

I have an easysolar 24/1600/40 with ccgx.

Initial problem is that temp sensor supplied with it reads 4-5 degrees high. Searching here, I found that it's possible to correct in the superuser mode of the OS. I set superuser, but the sensor doesn't show up in the device list. And now I'm stuck in superuser mode. It won't let me out unless I enter passwords for user or user/installer. Password checks disabled, CCGX restarted. Can't find any way of resetting/clearing these passwords. Can't remember ever using them, but my memory is terrible, so take that with a big pinch of salt.

So two questions

How to get the sensor to show up?

How to get out of superuser?

CCGX Color ControlEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@kevgermany

The temp sensor i cant help you with.

You can reset to factory. Intructions here

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks, appreciated. I don't want to reset to factory, means a complete new setup, will take forever cos of the slow typing on these devices.
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @kevgermany

Mine's been set on Superuser for maybe years. Unless you have security issues you could leave it there. That said, I just tried "ZZZ" and that got me out.

The Temp Sensor will be just the standard Multiplus sensor. It doesn't show in Device List as a device. Not designed to.

Just btw, if you have your sensor's battery terminal subject to sunlight it will raise it like 10C above actual. Even with heavy lead posts.. amazed me too..

3 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks. No direct sunlight. Have checked temps with air, digital IR thermometer very early before any current gets in. No real difference, always close to 5 degrees over Annoying on expensive kit.

Will try the ZZZ to get out.

Do I infer that as there are no entries for the sensor, it can't be configured?

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@kevgermany

I'm unaware of a way to configure a Multiplus sensor. The 'sunlight' thing I just threw in as an example of how difficult it can be to measure a batt's internals from outside. If you can't make sense of it, ask your supplier for a replacement.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ JohnC ♦ commented ·

Thanks for the help. It was in the thread below. Guessing the poster mixed up the different temp sensors.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/74565/what-is-the-temperture-measurement-accuracy-of-vic.html?childToView=98885#answer-98885

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Update. Fitted a new temp sensor. Now only overreads by 1-2 degrees. No good, but better.

To get out of Superuser, the same password is used. Seems pretty pointless to me.

2 |3000