question

Chris avatar image
Chris asked

Limit total AC output 2x5KW Multi Plus 6kva Generator

Hi

Due to distribution limitations on an off grid site - I need to limit the total system output to a sustained 10kW. i.e. if generator is running, and top up from power assist - limit to 10kW (240v system)

System encorporates 2x 5kW Multis plus 6kva generator

It makes sense not to overly limit shore power (genny load) for charging.

Thanks

Chris

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGeneratoroffgrid
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·
What do you mean by you have to limit total system output? Like when genny is running you would like 4kw on inverters and 6kw on the genny? or do you want the Inverters to carry the full 10kw and only pass any more load to the genny?
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I saw a similar post to this with 2 air conditioners as load. In that case, the boost factor was reduced, to cure the problem. It looks like this could work for you too, try reducing the boost factor to 0.8, then the inverters should reduce their output if the load exceeds the gen rating.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Chris avatar image Chris commented ·
Thanks Mike - I was wondering about the boost factor setting. I was trying to get my head around the logic in its working description.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris avatar image
Chris answered ·

I am wanting to limit the total AC output to no more than 10KW there are obviosuly different operating scenarios.

1) Normal - Both Multis operating at full output.10Kw

2) Generator running - charging batteries with available spare - Generator supplying loads, and the Multis topping up - to the max 10kw output "system" output as required. No more.

3) Generator running - charging batteries, and managing the site loads.

I dont want to limit shore power, and thus, load on the generator, and charge / load covering capacity

Chris

2 |3000