question

tomas-sailing avatar image
tomas-sailing asked

Improve VRM logging?

as sensor data is only uploaded every sync, I need to get lots of sync, every minute is the minimum…

it would be preferable to batch collect sensor data at the GX and the upload the collection at next connection with VRM… is this possible somehow? Or an enhancement request for the developers at Victron?

1629122157483.pngDuring this crossing we lost internet now and then, its clear how the data then is gone...

VRM
1629122157483.png (1.7 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

The GX device should store the logged values if it looses connection and then upload them when it next connects. There is limited internal storage but on the Cerbo GX you can add an SD card. Check under settings, VRM Portal, storage location. The other reason you can get gaps on the GPS log is that the GPS receiver lost the GPS signal so that there were no records for time periods within the VRM logs. Download the whole datafile for the period concerned and check to see what is in it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tomas-sailing avatar image
tomas-sailing answered ·

I have an SD-card on my GX-device... but nothing is stored on this card.

2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

It only stores on the SD card when it loses connection, then deletes it once uploaded as long as it is set up right and working. Therefore you will hardly ever see anything stored on it.

2 |3000