question

Alexander Breitenbach avatar image
Alexander Breitenbach asked

Is it not possible to setup 3 Multiplus II 3phase via CerboGX and VRM without MK3-interface?

I tried with VE.bus system configurator and VRM-remote but could only connect to one Multiplus II-VE.bus. It ended allways when searching for the 3 Multiplus via COMport search.

cerbo gxVRMmultiplus ve.bus3 phasesetup
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·

I have not setup a system scratch with Remote VEConfigure but I have changed basically all the settings after the fact via Remote VEConfigure.

So when it does the VE.Bus scan you only see one of the inverters? When you open the file in system configure it is also only one inverter and nothing in the unassigned bin? And all inverters have DC power and RJ45 are connected?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

For such a large system, just get a Mk3-USB interface.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexander Breitenbach answered ·

I baught an MK3-USB interface today and am trying it right now. Unfortunately it seams that I have to connect a PC to the MK3-USB interface. I thought it is possible to setup the system remotely through LAN via CerboGX-box. Why is it not possible? Really uncomfortable.

1 comment
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Sounds like you should start reading the manuals before setting up all your system. Do not assume a certain way is the way things work.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexander Breitenbach answered ·

Also the instructions in VE.bus configure / quick configure are not persistant. Once I am told to have all Multis switched on and than when I start, I am told to have only one switched on which should become the master at L1. What is right? All or only one?

1 comment
2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·

If you use quick configure it will prompt you on what to do. Just follow the prompts.
You switch everything OFF, then you switch them on one by one when it tells you.

It sucks to see that you are having a hard time with this. Victron does say
"Parallel and Multiphase systems are complex. We do not support or recommend that untrained and/or inexperienced installers work on these size systems." and this is for a reason. I have no doubt that you will figure it out and get your system running, however getting upset with Victron or the community isn't necessary just because you didn't take the time to read through the manuals or do the training.

0 Likes 0 ·
njagi avatar image
njagi answered ·
2 |3000