question

bouly123 avatar image
bouly123 asked

Can I combine EasySolar 24/1600/40 all-in-one with one Victron LFPSmart 25,6/100 battery ?

Hello, as a beginner I'm trying to design a simple system for off-grid use including:

- one EasySolar 24/1600/40 all-in-one Victron solution

- one LFPSmart 25,6/100 Victron battery with 25,6 V and 100Ah

- 4 x Sunpower Performance 375 Watts solar panels (Reference SPR-P3-375-BLK, each panel has Vmpp: 35.5 V, Impp: 10.57 A, Voc: 43 V, Isc: 11.26 A)

Would such a system make sense? Would I still need a BMS if I'm only using one battery ? Would I need to add anything else to such a system to make it work safely ?

Thanks for your help.

Lithium BatteryEasySolar All-in-Oneoffgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@bouly123

The datasheet says the 25/100 can do 100A continuous a 1600va at 24v that is a 66/7A draw. The manual desribes more.

You absolutely need a bms for it - it is a requirement, as you will see there are choices.

The 2s 2p on your panels should be ok (need to verify with your min temps for your area) you can check with the mppt calculator.

DC fuses or breakers for the pv would also be something i would recommend. Get am mk3 to usb for programming with victron connect. Read all manuals carefully.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The easysolar you're considering has three solar panel inputs, not four. So you need to connect the panels in two series pairs, which is what I think Alexandra means. I'm pretty sure you're going to have too much voltage for the solar charge controller in winter. Not sure if you're aware, but the panel voltage increades as temperature drops. Have just been going through the same calcs for the same easysolar. The solar controller is limited to 100V max. You could connect three of those panels in parallel safely.

2 |3000

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Offgrid page