question

jm2021 avatar image
jm2021 asked

250/70 mppt not recognizing voltage

I have had my System running for about 10 days and it has been working well. Today suddenly the MPPT is not charging because it says there is no voltage. I've tested the panel sourse at the mppt and they are giving the normal 84 V but the charger is only showing 12 V and thus is "off". I have powered down the system and restarted but there is still no difference. There is sun out so that is not the problem. Any suggestions would be helpful.

b91af192-c6eb-47db-839f-c4f952a686ce.png

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

I dare say you have blown a fuse/breaker somewhere, or have a bad connection.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jm2021 avatar image
jm2021 answered ·

I found out the problem. I thought I would post it for the newbies like myself. Although my voltmeter was picking up 84 V after inspecting the connections I found a bad connecter which was a mistake I made. I had a male sleeve in where a female was needed. It was working fine for a week or more so that fooled me. I fixed the bad connection and the problem was fixed. It’s interesting how you can get fooled by a voltmeter because it doesn’t pull much current.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Thanks for reporting back, that might be helpful for others.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic