question

paulio avatar image
paulio asked

Venus GX VE Direct Ports Failed

I have a Venus GX with a BMV 702 & an MPPT 75/15 connected to the VE Direct ports. I noticed the MPPT on port 1 was off line. I swapped it to port 2 and it was back online but none of the devices would show on port 1. I concluded port was faulty. Later after swapping and changing round the devices a few times port 2 seems to have also failed. I'm wondering if one of the devices has a fault that has damaged the ports. Is there any way to test further or reset the ports? If the ports are damaged can they be repaired or does this mean replace the Venus?

Thanks in advance

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Did you try a reboot of Venus GX and the devices?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paulio avatar image paulio commented ·
Yes, tried reboot & firmware update.
0 Likes 0 ·
paulio avatar image
paulio answered ·

I have tested the MPPT & BMV through serial, both ok. I have tested the connections on Venus for continuity from socket up to what appears to be an Optocoupler and ok. I can only think the optocouplers or the interface has failed. I wonder if a repair or replacement main PCB is possible?

2 |3000