question

eat avatar image
eat asked

MultiPlus Compact - second battery connection - charge function?

Hi,

I have a Multiple Compact 800 24v with the secondary output connected to start battery to trickle charge when parked up.

Question - does the 800 only power the second battery output when AC is connected or does it also take power from the primary connection (leisure batteries) to cross charge the secondary battery when the AC is off?

Reason for asking is that it seems to work the second way as I see current flowing to the secondary connection even with AC off!

Cheers,

Ian

victron products
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Herb avatar image Herb commented ·

I have the same challenge, I only charge my main battery bank using MPPT and I wonder whether the trickle charge would work on an island 1200 setup, secondly do I need a positive terminal cable from the main battery bank or the thin cable from trickle charge from the inverter is enough?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As far as I know the trickle charge only works when the Ac is connected

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ironman avatar image
ironman answered ·

I am also seeing an increased voltage on the starter battery when the AC is unplugged and solar charging is on. Does anyone from Victron have some input on this?

2 |3000

hobbystuff avatar image
hobbystuff answered ·

I am finding the exact same thing with my setup and a Multiplus Compact. AC unplugged, Multi in "inverting" mode - solar charger on - start battery voltage will increase. Am starting to isolate items in my system to confirm what I am seeing.

Any inputs on this?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic