question

psquashw avatar image
psquashw asked

Can a CCGX be used with a Venus GX

We live on a boat. We are 12v and mainly on shore power. Currently use VRM or bluetooth to get information from our Venus GX.

However, to keep my wife happy she has seen the CCGX which is the same as what we have except ours is either through our tablet or PC. She would like me to fix a screen like the GX Touch or CCGX, so she can just press a button and have the information to hand. Yes I know we already have that information via VRM/web/bluetooth, but she has seen the CCGX on someone else's boat and wants the screen fitted to ours, or a similar Victron product that has a screen.

Can I fit a Victron product like the GX touch 50 or CCGX and plug it directly into the Venus GX which already has everything plugged in and receive the same colour screen infor.

System - Quattro/MPPT/BMV702 etc.

Thanks

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Alas, it is not possible to use the CCGX as a remote display. It is also not possible to connect the Touch 50 display to the Venus GX.
The only possible solution is to have some sort of tablet which uses a web browser in kiosk mode.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Another option would be to replace your Venus GX with a Cerbo GX and Touch 50 or Touch 70. The price of a Cerbo/Touch50 is about the same as the CCGX. The Touch 70 is a bit more but you get a 7" screen. I went from the CCGX to a Raspberry PI and 7" touchscreen to a Cerbo + Touch 70.

2 |3000