question

kurtsolon avatar image
kurtsolon asked

Octo Connection / Wifi Issues

Team... setting up a new system and upon initial setup I could see the Octo Wifi and was able to pull up the remote access. I then tried to connect the Octo to my local Wifi network. The remote panel froze. I repowered the Octo and now I get one solid green light, one flashing green light and I can't see the Octo Wifi. There doesn't seem to be a bluetooth option either. I'm stuck... is there a way to fully reset with these buttons? How can I get it to broadcast again? Any push would be appreciated.

gx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kurtsolon avatar image
kurtsolon answered ·

Second question...

I read that I can restore factory settings on the Venus using this file: venus-data.tgz. Is this the same file used to reset the Octo? Not having an actual user manual for this product is a little frustrating Victron. Seems like this might be my best approach but I'm scared to use the Venus file.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kurtsolon avatar image
kurtsolon answered ·

Well... I tried to reset to factory using the venus-data.tgz. The system rebooted with the same one-second flashing green light which means wifi is disabled. The button that is suppose to toggle wifi off/on does nothing. Nor does anything happen when I hold the button for 4 seconds. So, this unit is locked with wifi off and I can't get it to change. Thoughts?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Can you connect the Octo to via LAN to the internet?

Or try to connect a laptop directly to the Octo via LAN.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic