question

bladehunt0 avatar image
bladehunt0 asked

Sending values from Shelly to VRM

Hello together

I'm currently using a MPPT 75/15, a smart shunt and a raspberry pi with Venus OS for data collection and the connection to the VRM.

Now I'm using an inverter with no measurements. To switch and measure the AC part I'm using a Shelly 2.5 PM.

Is there any way to send the meter values from the Shelly to the Venus OS (as AC output measurement), to display it "live" and log it like all the other values given by the devices?

Regards

Alex

VRMVenus OSRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The Grin and AC Loads as seen on VRM can only have their information provided by a MultiPlus or Quattro inverter. Those values cannot be substituted with readings from other metering devices.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spyder2005 avatar image
spyder2005 answered ·

I have an equal question. Is it possible to show the current power value from an shelly 2.5 on the gui

I found out that the shelly has a status page where the current performance of the shelly is also displayed:

http://ipfromshelly/status/

I can write a Linux script to parse the value myself, but how can I display this value on the Raspi Gui? Do I have to write it in a variable and then adjust the view? It does not have to be transferred to the VRM.

2 |3000