question

rickd avatar image
rickd asked

SmartShunt Install - System Minus

New guy with a couple questions I couldn't find answers to. I have a temporary setup of two lithium batteries in a trailer tongue box. I'll be moving these into the trailer within a couple of months. I installed the SmartShunt and connected the two solar negative grounds to the system Minus pole on the shunt since it's not feasible with this setup to add busbars to it. I will be adding busbars once everything is moved inside. I also realize too many connections on a pole is not recommended. So that said...

• Will this affect anything short term connecting the solar grounds to system minus? If so where should I put them?
  • Once I do setup busbars where should the busbar lead connect? The system minus?

Thanks for any help

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rickd avatar image
rickd answered ·

Here's the setup
battery-setup.jpg

battery-setup.jpg (49.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

myhomebuzz avatar image
myhomebuzz answered ·

Hi rickd,

Yes, all - should they positioned on the part minus system. Only the battery - must be on minus battery, like on your drawing.

Busbar is better because it avoids overlapping the connectors and thus having contactless spaces. And there is no point in wanting to force the tightening torque to force a contact: it will break.

2 |3000