question

kubi-okyay avatar image
kubi-okyay asked

Set Victron smart ip67 to 24v output

Hello,

I purchased the below charger, the Victron blue smart IP67 24v/12a model, and am running into an issue configuring it for my Tesla battery module (6s 25.2v max). When connecting the charger to Victron connect on my iPad I'm able to design a custom profile, but when I set the absorption/float/storage voltages to 24v (trying to keep the battery at 80% as full to help prevent cell degradation and balancing issues) it reverts to a minimum of 25.6v. Is there any way at all to actually get a 24v output voltage on this 24v charger? Or is the minimum actually 25.6? Charging a 6s lithium-ion battery to 25.6v instead of 25.2 will cause an early failure of the pack, if not something more catastrophic. Currently, I have to set timers on my phone and keep a very close eye on the charge levels to avoid overcharging, and that defeats the sole purpose of purchasing a programmable smart charger.

Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TKN76V7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Lithium Batterycharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @Kubi Okyay , welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately off-common-nominal voltage battery banks (such as you have) are not supported in Victron (or, for that matter, any other brand of which I'm aware) chargers.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Leslieanne avatar image
Leslieanne answered ·

Hi, according to the victron connect demo's you can go down to 24V if set to power supply mode.....

Maybe useful?

Cheers, Leslie

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?