question

sdowney717 avatar image
sdowney717 asked

IP22 just got it, doing a 14.7v and recondition at 30 amps on a group 31 bat and it is smoking out the vent

I noticed it boiling electrolyte getting hot, so I cut the amps to 15 using the phone app. This battery, my old Rariton charger boiled away the water, so it died in the last 2 weeks. I added Distilled water and got my new charger today and I have it on the driveway charging right now. So did I do the right thing by cutting the amps down?

bluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you would need to check with the battery supplier re there specs - as to the voltage and amps required. but reducing the max amps will help reduce the battery gassing

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sdowney717 avatar image
sdowney717 answered ·

Yes it did reduce it a lot. The battery may not be any good. It has been on bulk for about a day and volts is at 13.2, it did come up in voltage from 12.2, but just has gotten stuck, so it can't get to the absorption stage as the voltage has not risen enough yet.

2 |3000