question

sdowney717 avatar image
sdowney717 asked

Amazon was the seller for an IP22, and I bought a warehouse deal, is warrantee still good?

And who honors the warrantee? Charger is working fine, but I dont want to be locked out of a 5 yr warrantee if i bought it from wrong dealer being Amazon sales, not Victron. I can return it for full credit within 30 days or so.

bluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@sdowney717 Victron doesn't sell to Amazon, so in theory Amazon could not possibly be the seller unless something shady happened. When you look on your Order Details page, the "sold by" should list an authorized Victron seller (though the order may have been fulfilled by Amazon).

All that being said, Victron is very good about honoring warranty claims regardless of who you purchased the unit from, but it definitely complicates getting support or warranty assistance without having an authorized distributor to reach out to.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sdowney717 avatar image sdowney717 commented ·

The way Amazon works, if someone returns an item, Amazon Warehouse deals resells the item at a discount, I saved about $20 over just buying the item. Here it is.

Amazon.com: Victron Energy Blue Smart IP22 12-Volt 30 amp 120V, 3 Output Battery Charger NEMA 5-15, Bluetooth: Automotive

So it was sold by the 'Victron Energy Store', then came back to Amazon, and Amazon sold it to me.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ sdowney717 commented ·

Hi @sdowney717 , if you follow that link, then look down to the right, you will see the "Sold By" information. When I click through, it shows Inverters-R-Us, but that seller will change each time you click through because of the way Amazon works and spreads demand for products across the sellers of those products (I know because we too sell a few select Victron products on Amazon).

iru.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
iru.jpg (43.7 KiB)
sdowney717 avatar image
sdowney717 answered ·

Amazon.com: Victron Energy: About us

Sure looks like it is Victron themselves who has a store on Amazon, not some other group.

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·
@sdowney717 if you look at any listing in the Victron Energy Store, you will find that the seller of that unit is a 3rd-party seller. Victron's ownership of the Victron Energy Store is just a way for Victron to make sure that only authorized Victron distributors are selling Victron equipment.
0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

I see what you mean now that I've gone and inspected the Amazon Warehouse page; some authorized sellers must have signed up for that service, since it's not an automatic thing - any units returned that we've sold come back to us, we would never ever trust Amazon to judge whether a component is functional or not.

In your case, however, should you ever have a warranty issue, you should use this form, where you'll fill out the device serial number and your contact information, and Victron will track down the authorized Victron distributor who originally sold that unit and will have that distributor reach out to you to provide support and warranty assistance.

2 |3000