question

ebber avatar image
ebber asked

High charge current warning with Grid feed-in

Hi,

every day when my battery charges and is at around 97% I get the error "Cerbo: High charge current warning on Battery Monitor". The error clears when the battery is at 100%. This only happens when Grid feed-in is enabled. If I disable this the error doesn't appear.

I think all the firmwares are the latest version available. Feed-In settings see screenshot. I have 4 Pylontech batteries connected to my MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48 with 2x SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 250/85 rev2. ESS.

feedin.png

ESSPylontech
feedin.png (18.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
lukas avatar image
lukas answered ·

Same with me - seems like DVCC is currently ignoring the BMS charge current limit when grid feed-in is activated. I already reported this a while ago in different threads, but no response from victron so far... I never got this actual error, but the logging sees 3x-4x the allowed maximum charge current when the battery is nearly full...

For reference:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/91148/dvcc-limit-charge-current-not-working-with-grid-fe.html?childToView=94396#comment-94396

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.