question

sailor77 avatar image
sailor77 asked

Two-signal assistant uninstalls itself

Hi!

A few weeks ago I installed a Multiplus 12/120/3000-16 and LiFePo4 cells with Electrodacus SBMS0. I have upgraded the firmware on the Multiplus and installed the Two-signal assistant to let the SBMS0 be able to control charging/discharging from the Multiplus. Everything works fine, but as soon as I turn the Multiplus off and back on, the two-signal assistant seems to be uninstalled, because the Multiplus flashes indicates temp sense error, and the SBMS0 is no longer avle to controll the Multiplus. I then need to reinstall the assistant again and everything works fine until the Multiplus for some reason is turned off again the next time.

Is this normal?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerAssistants
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Sailor77

Definitely not normal, do you have any other assistants loaded, and do they maintain or disappear as well?

0 Likes 0 ·
sailor77 avatar image sailor77 Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
No other assistants..
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

What firmware are you using, how old is the unit. what else is connected to the VE bus - as I agree with Guy this should no happen, the assistants are only removed if you update the firmware and or remote upload a older configuration file.

please describe your update process

Suggest you add the assistant again using the mk3 . send it to the unit and then disconnect the MK3 and shut down the ve configure software, then reboot the multiplus (off then back on) reconnect and check to make sure the assistant is still there,

take photos and post them here

Also if you have VRM then connect via the vrm select devices and download the configuration.

tack screen shots of doing this.

reboot the multi plus then down load the configuration again, the assistant should still be there.

maybe roll the firmware back to a older version

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Sailor77

I got a suggestion for something to try from another colleague -

The MultiPlus has an up and a down button on the motherboard. If you press the down button while switching the Multi on through the Multi main switch the assistant loading is skipped.

Perhaps the down button is somehow stuck on your system? Perhaps you can check to see if it clicks properly (and is out).

image-2.png

image-2.png (38.6 KiB)
2 |3000