question

nasse85 avatar image
nasse85 asked

Inverter not showing AC loads on VRM

Hi,

Having this set up, but I`m haveing an issue. AC loads is 0W...

The inverter is inverting DC to AC so it should be something here..

Whar settings do I need to change?

uten-navn.jpg

Thanks

VictronConnect
uten-navn.jpg (57.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniel Tamm avatar image Daniel Tamm commented ·

I have the same problem (unsolved). It seems as if it's the Multi's measurements that are messed up, so it's not a vrm-problem.

Here's an AC load of about 1,3 kW running on battery only.

running-on-batteries.pngHere's the exact same load but with the grid connected. The AC-load is still alive and kicking (an airconditioner) but no trace of it below.

with-ac-connected.png

Here's what the Multi-reports on the AC-in and AC-out.

multi-ii-ac.png

I've got the MultiPlus configured with and without the ESS-assistant but no difference. It seems like a basic function to measure the AC-in and out properly.

One HUGE problem with this is that the AC-input Ampere-limitation is not honored by the Multiplus in this state. It basically is limitless (only limited by external fusing).

I've upgraded the MultiPlus to the latest firmware.

multiii-firmware.pngI have an older and smaller Multiplus 12/800 setup that shows the AC-loads brilliantly without any issues.

1627234820638.png

Firmware version 430 on the Multiplus 12/800.

0 Likes 0 ·
10 Answers
Obo avatar image
Obo answered ·

Are you sure you have any AC loads attached? Plug something into your distribution board and see if it powers up.

If nothing powers up, then check your AC fuses/MCB's.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nasse85 avatar image
nasse85 answered ·

Thank you, yes I have auten-navn.jpgn ac load on the inverter... If i enter hte inverter it says I`m inverting....

uten-navn.jpg (66.9 KiB)
2 |3000

sam-salem avatar image
sam-salem answered ·

I am having the same issue. Looks like there are several related posts on this problem:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/89979/multiplus-ii-ac-input-suddenly-0-watt-on-gx-touch.html

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/87424/on-ac-power-cerbo-gx-not-properly-registering-ac-c.html

Can someone from Victron please shed some light? Is this a hardware problem or a firmware issue or configuration?

2 |3000

rbienert avatar image
rbienert answered ·

Same issue here. Running with ESS and I don't think it's actually working right. So it's not just a display issue.

2 |3000

odobasae avatar image
odobasae answered ·

I'm having the same problem. I'm using ESS and I don't think it's working properly. So it's not just a problem with the display.

drift boss

2 |3000

baronner avatar image
baronner answered ·

Has this issue ever been resolved? Any clues how to solve? Currently, I'm having exact the same issue: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/122139/vrm-shows-no-values-for-shore-and-ac-load.html.

2 |3000

baronner avatar image
baronner answered ·

@Marcus showed me a solution. For me that did worked!

Hi @Baronner ,

could you try to insert a 3.5mm headphone plug into this socket a few times and remove it again right after:

bild-von-ios-5.jpg

It could be, that a contact is stuck in that socket, leading to the Quattro2 think, that there is an external current sensor connected.

BR

2 |3000

kurtinge avatar image
kurtinge answered ·

Have the same issue with my Phoenix Inverter.
Despite the fact I am putting load (not very much, but still) both the VRM is showing 0W. Also I can see the animated dots is floating from the inverter and to the battery. That does not make sense, I feel. The inverter is not loading the battery, it is consuming. Therefore I guess the floating direction also should be opposite.
Is there something wrong with the calculus inside the Victron Venus?

2 |3000

Fire Online avatar image
Fire Online answered ·

I got the same issue on my Phoenix 12/250, AC shows 0.0 watts when an AC load is connected. I tested the load with a multi-meter and I also got a digital meter permanently connected to the output and they both show correct readings. I noticed sometimes in VRM the Inverter current will jump to 0.1 which will show 12 watts and then to 0.2 and it will show 24 watts then to 36 and 48 watts with 0.3 and 0.4 respectfully. OK, so I thought maybe the load is too low for it to read accurately, I plugged in a 175 watt load and the reading on VRM and the Remote Console went all over the place. I also tried plugging in the VE Direct to USB cable into a PC to check the load on the Victron Connect app but the percentage showing is nowhere close to what the actual AC load is.

2 |3000

sgrigor1 avatar image
sgrigor1 answered ·

Is there a fix for this issue? I updated the GX firmware to 2.87 and I ended up in the same issue. I tried with 2.90-14 and the same behavior. Before update, both Grid and AC loads showed correctly. Could be an GX firmware issue? Before I had 2.60 version.

2 comments
2 |3000

kurtinge avatar image kurtinge commented ·

I have been testing my Phoenix inverter and for me it seems like the loads are coming in chunks around 23w. This means if I put a load of 22w, the value will be zero. If I put more than 23w it tells 23w until i pass 46w and so on. This means the numbers are not very accurate. I did not do any detailed test about this matter, but this is the pattern I have noticed in my 12/375

0 Likes 0 ·
martyns20 avatar image martyns20 kurtinge commented ·
I have the same issue with Phoenix 12/375 inverter. I get 0W then 23W for small loads sometimes 46W for larger loads. Loads greater than about 100-150W seem to display correctly. I haven't done any real scientific testing yet. I have inverter firmware v1.21.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources