question

jeroend avatar image
jeroend asked

How to add Node Red on v2.71 Raspberry Pi 4?

Before I ruin my brand 'new' install of v2.71 on my Raspberry Pi 4 by 'just trying' I was wondering if someone can confirm how to add the Node Red option to it in an 'official' way. Can I simply take the latest large image from the dropbox share and add it via usb install as before on the release candidates?

I ask because there is no v2.71 specific large image located on the dropbox share referred to in this post (yet): https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:large

Venus OSNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

The most recent large image is v2.70~5-large-18. Mvader says there will be an update "soon".

You should be able to install that version on your PI without wiping out settings.

Download the Pi 4 .swu file and save it to a USB flash drive. Insert that into your PI and you should be presented with the option to install that version.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jeroend avatar image
jeroend answered ·

@Kevin Windrem Tried your suggestion...that did not work (at all). Lost SU password, lost all relay and analog port configuration and ended up with version 2.70~5 large-18 rather than 2.71 large(18)

Going back to the backup

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·
Unfortunately, SU password is lost with a venus firmware update. Most of us use ssh keys which do survive a firmware update and eliminate the need for password when logging in from a known host.

I'm not sure how you are setting up the relay and analog configuration but some of the configuration is in the /root partition which is wiped when updating firmware. I have scripts that reinstall these configuration changes.

v2.70~5-large18 IS the latest. There is no v2.71 large yet.

0 Likes 0 ·