question

boekel avatar image
boekel asked

Feature request: Multi on/off through external switch while connected to Venus

It would be a very helpful function if multi's / inverters can be switched on / off more easy.

If one of the digital inputs on the Venus - and / or a more user friendly software switch can be used to turn on / off VE.bus products, this would be very helpfull.

For example:
-electric boat propulsion, 1 small Multi (always on, not connected to Venus through VE.bus), plus bigger 3 phase setup, needed when sailing - or using big loads (electric cooking) the customer now has to go through menu's to turn 3 phase system on.

(though when I think of it, remote control panel overrides Venus AFAIK)

-as another user asked to be able to use a timer to switch on / off the inverter, for this the generator start / stop function can be wired to a digital input - or more gracious a choice in the generator start / stop function to switch inverter instead of relay.

Venus OSVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

You could use the emergency shut off assistant for this!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Unfortunately that doesn't stop the inverters from drawing power.

(at least that's what it says, I didn't measure power consumption myself yet)

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Yeah.....

When I operate my emergency stop button,the inverter shuts down apart from the leds flashing in an alternating pattern to indicate saftey switch operation,just checked it pulls 2w from the battery when operated!

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Thanks!!

I'll use this than for now, with the added bonus of a Disco-show in the engine room :)

0 Likes 0 ·