question

gerald-d avatar image
gerald-d asked

VictronConnect 5.42 not finding Multiplus device on Windows with MK3-USB LAN

Hi

I am familiar with VictronConnect on bluetooth and Android - no problems there.

Today I purchased MK3-USB interface, installed VictronConnect 5.42 on laptop and desktop PCs, tried 2 brand new LAN cables to connect to new Multiplus 12|500|200 (which is powered on). VictronConnect simply reports "No devices found"

Have tried different computers and cables, reinstalled VictronConnect, turned firewall off, run as administrator. But result always the same, after a few seconds of searching: No devices found

What else can I try?

Thank you

VictronConnectMK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
georgeleonardo avatar image
georgeleonardo answered ·

For me, changing the 2nd dip switch made it work. Sometimes I also just have to refresh the list a few times and it shows up.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gerald-d avatar image
gerald-d answered ·

Thank you, I will try that.

Have now tried with Android and OTG cable, and now I am seeing the Multiplus, but it keeps hanging at Connecting 99%

At lease this proves my cables are good

Edit to add: After being patient, the Androids communicate happily. Have achieved what I wanted to do. Disappointed with time wasted in Windows where it simply does not work.

2 |3000

tarpkir avatar image
tarpkir answered ·

I had an identical experience. Working with a Windows 10 machine and attempting to connect to a Multiplus 2k, I downloaded and installed the latest Windows app, which today is version 5.81. Connected the MK3 interface, which correctly installed and showed under the device list. Connected to RJ45 on the inverter and got....nothing. Played with it for a couple of hours, cycling the inverter, using different cables; all the usual troubleshooting suspects. The RJ45 was included with the MK3, so should be good, but even so, tried different cables. No success.

Went and purchased an OTG cable and connected up to the Android phone. (thanks for that Gerald) Had immediate success. Message to others: don't waste your time with Windows. Message to Victron: Since you are not supporting Windows, why don't you make the minor changes required to the Android app so this will work on a Chromebook?

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic