question

Melissa Warren avatar image
Melissa Warren asked

Monitoring Multiple Batteries

Hello! I have a battery bank with these batteries in series. How do I set up the BMV-712 to monitor all of them? I am guessing to set it up as if there were two batteries, using the first and last. Is this right?

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

If you have a battery bank with batteries in series (BTW, it would help to have a more precise description), the BMV will monitor the total bank. Monitoring of individual cells or batteries would require a form of BMS (Battery management system).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hartrh avatar image
hartrh answered ·

set up a 702 or 712 to monitor the total voltage (36 v) of the series bank.Try to use the 2nd input as a "midpoint" monitor but adjust the midpoint voltage setting to 24 volts... If not able to set it up as a midpoint monitor at 24 volts, then set it up as a second battery monitor for 24 volts.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic