question

peternielsen avatar image
peternielsen asked

Bug in VRM portal - Showing Solar PV production at night?

Hi,

I have this weird outlier in the middle of the night which is obviously wrong since i have no sun and then direct use of that in the middle of the night.

1624272962891.png

Is there a way to remove this and fix this bug from not happening again ?

VRM
1624272962891.png (120.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @peternielsen,

These spurious solar production reporting issues are most commonly associated with AC PV inverters.

I haven't seen one for quite a while, and as far as I am aware, they have all stopped in systems once it has been confirmed that GX device firmware, Datamanager card firmware, and AC PV inverter firmware are the latest current versions, AND that the unit networking is hardwired with a manufactured ethernet cable from the AC PV inverter, and the GX device (no wifi).

Please also make sure there is sufficient clearance (10cm) between any data cables, and power cables (either AC or DC).

Please double check to make sure all of those are the case, and if they are, and it is still occurring please report back.

I can say with certainty that this is not an issue with VRM as such, VRM is faithfully displaying the data that was reported to it, and the erroneous data most likely occurred between the AC PV inverter and the GX device.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peternielsen avatar image peternielsen commented ·
@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) thank you for taking the time to reply.

I believe the Fronius PV inverter is updated to latest 1 week ago, not sure if i can update the Datamanager card inside it separetly ? The Fronius is wired with ethernet BUT the Cerbo GX is WiFi so here i have a task to disable the WiFi and use Ethernet. This issue only happened once. Is there a way to remove that data now or do i just have to live with it ?

Funny enough if i take the total yield from the Fronius (looking at the GX device) and the total yield from the SmartSolar i get the correct value without that spurios solar production. If it came from Fronius shouldn't this sporius data also be included in the GX?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ peternielsen commented ·

Yes, the Fronius AC PV inverter firmware, and the data manager are updated separately, some more info here:

SE_TEA_Quick_guide_How_to_update_Fronius_Datamanager_firmware_EN_AU.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwuakhLZ10A

I don't have access to the VRM database, apologies, but I think you might have to have that bad entry.

0 Likes 0 ·
sectorsolar avatar image
sectorsolar answered ·

Good Day Guy. We are experiencing the same issue, no PV inverters installed, only 2 x MPPT 250|100 charge controllers. Both MPPT has been wired with Victron direct cables and setup for network comms via Bluetooth. All firmware is the latest firmware as well as the octo gx with the latest firmware.

solar-pv-yield.png 20210623-122420.jpg20210623-122412.jpg

2 |3000

shingsam avatar image
shingsam answered ·

Hello, same issue with me (MPPT 150/85) over night pv stats detect 60v.

How to fix it ? I'm afraid will demage the pv.

1 comment
2 |3000

Onwell Dzobo avatar image Onwell Dzobo commented ·

On my system redistributing comms cable sleading to the ccgx that were bunched in one entry whol solved the problem , thanks to @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) who responded above.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic