question

rob-1 avatar image
rob-1 asked

Multiplus AC Coupled Fronius and DC Coupled MPPT - Export Ability

If I have a hybrid setup with a 5kW AC coupled Fronius on the AC Out of a 5kVA Multiplus II (within the 1:1 rule), but I also have 3kW of DC coupled solar via MPPT and communicating on VE.Direct, what is the export ability?

Is it only ever a maximum of 5kVA (as this is the power rating of the Multiplus), or can the Multiplus 'pass through' the export of the Fronius along with the 3kW of DC coupled solar, to give a total of 3kW + 5kW = 8kW export?

I've had a quick read through the ESS manual, and also the 1:1 rule document but I can't find a definitive answer.

Thanks.

ac
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Nico Bayer avatar image
Nico Bayer answered ·

Hi

your system can export 8kw. The 5kVA Multi can pass through 50a thats 11kw but you have to follow the 1:1 rule so you don't overload the multi in case of a grid failure. In my System i have 3 Multis in 3 Phase setup, a 15kw Fronius on the AC Out of the Multis an 10kw DC coupled. My max export is 25kw.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sibonakaliso-mpala avatar image sibonakaliso-mpala commented ·

In cases were export is not allowed, can I assume that the system above can power 25KW of loads, with a maximum of 15KW on the essential AC output and up to 25KW on the non-essentials?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic