question

tomskk avatar image
tomskk asked

Raspi Venus not showing any data

Just hooked up my Raspi with Venus image, into local network with Venus GX, MPPT 100/50, BMV and Multiplus. Connected all of them to Venus GX via Direct and Can cables, Venus GX to local network with Raspi Venus, but Raspi is not showing any data. I thought that Raspi could do the same function as Venus GX, but with display ??

Could someone elaborate how Raspi should be connected to the systemo to show the data on the display like CCGX.

Multiplus-IIMPPT ControllersVenus OSVenus GX - VGXRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Tomassk, a raspberrypi with venus image is an alternative to the Venus GX.

Not an add-on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As far as I know you can only have one venus GX or ccgx on a system, so try removing the venus and then see if it works,

comment only

2 comments
2 |3000

tomskk avatar image tomskk commented ·

Yes, but i only have network connection on Raspi Venus. No Ve.direct ports, CAN ports...

How should it work them ? With USB MK3 cable ? I see no other alternative :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ tomskk commented ·

If you want to use the Raspberry Pi as a local display for your VenusGX, have a look at this: https://community.victronenergy.com/articles/5930/disable-hotkeys-in-venus-remote-console-on-lan.html

Regards,

Markus

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

If you wish to use a rasp pi, You will need VEdirect to USB adapters for the MPPT and BMV and MK3 for the multi.

You do not need these adaptors for the VGX. You can access it via a remote console on a local network.

You will need to use a CCGX for a built in, supported, screened solution without adaptors.

2 |3000