question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Questionnaire: help improving the Marine MFD App

Good afternoon!

Already two years ago, we launched the first version of our Marine MFD App. Sometimes referred to as glass bridges, HTML5 or Chartplotter App.

See the screenshot below for which user interface I mean.

This app is due for improvement. I know that many people have ideas on how it could be better, as do I myself. And I have hired an external company to design the new version, and they’d like to run a questionnaire.

Do note that the scope is very specifically to run it on a Marine MFD. And while well aware that it can also be used for different applications, and run on a tablet, or phone, and as such in an RV or Off-grid or other mobile and stationary application, those uses are out of scope for now. There is another plan going on for those. So please lets keep this focussed on marine use, thank you.

Here is a link to the questionnaire we’d like to be completed by as many boating users as possible:

https://forms.gle/jA3aaMff4gpeqn9R8

If you know someone not on community, please share this with them. Its not needed to have a Community user account.

And also welcome to put comments in the answers and comments below. The UX designer will follow this question, its @B_Wltrs.

Thank you and have a good weekend!

Matthijs

Ps. here is a screenshot of the app. And more documentation is here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/marine-mfd-integration-by-app.html

1624024337310.png

marine mfd appraymarinegarminsimrad
1624024337310.png (179.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
fenix avatar image
fenix answered ·

hum.. this feature is also very useful in the RV industry.. i use it in my motorhome :-)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi! Yes for sure it is. One thing I’d like to add (in due time… ) for RVs is tank levels.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey all, thank you to all those that answered the questionnaire.

In case you are a boater and havent seen it yet, please take a few minutes to go through the questions, its really helpful to us!

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

a big thank you to all that participated; it helped the designer to get into the details nicely.

Now lets await the result!

2 |3000

tpbradysr avatar image
tpbradysr answered ·

Are you planning to make the Touch 50 look the same? It would be an improvement. Right now the inconsistent use of amps and watts leads to mental math. The only thing rated in watts on my boat is the generator. Everything else is in amps. You should also be able to customize the screen by deleting things you don't have, solar for example.

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi, yes the gx touch will be improved as well.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic