question

rjmeyer avatar image
rjmeyer asked

Multiplus shuts down when connected to Venus GX

I just purchased a Venus GX unit. But when I connect it via VE.Bus to my Multiplus 48/3000/35, the Multiplus unit shuts down. It will start up again after several seconds and then shut down again (and repeats this behavior indefinitely). Both the Venus and Multiplus have updated firmware. What might be causing this problem?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVenus GX - VGXVE.Bus
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Always start with the basics.

1. Ensure you use unshielded (UTP).
  2. Have you tried another cable?
  3. What length is the cable?
  4. Is it a decent quality cable? Straight thru or crossover?

etc

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ ejrossouw commented ·

Just to avoid confusion, the 'terminators' are only needed on the VE.Can bus.

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

could you please give details on your setup, all attached items please as this will help us give you a reply

ie how its setup and a list of any assistants you might be using

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rjmeyer avatar image rjmeyer commented ·

Multiplus 48/3000/35, BlueSolar MPPT 150/60, Venus GX, Victron BMV700 Battery Monitor, and 4 x 100AH Ritar batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Do you have acces to the Venus? through the Remote Console, in the root menu (Devices) you should see 'Multi', select this and see if you can turn it on / off there.

And make sure you have used the correct input on the Venus (VE.bus)

2 |3000

leonvdk avatar image
leonvdk answered ·

I have the same issue with a Multiplus 24/5000 that shuts down when I connect it to a Venus device. Nothing else connected,, the Venus runs on v2.23 firmware, the Multiplus on 2649160. Did anyone find a solution?

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Do you have acces to the Venus? through the Remote Console, in the root menu (Devices) you should see 'Multi', select this and see if you can turn it on / off there.

And make sure you have used the correct input on the Venus (VE.bus)

0 Likes 0 ·
leonvdk avatar image
leonvdk answered ·

Thanks for the reply. I just tried again and now it switched on again after one second and it stays on. Seems to be solved although I don't understand why.

2 |3000

Hugo Russouw avatar image
Hugo Russouw answered ·

See that you have the rj45 plugged into the VE.BUS and not the Ethernet port.

2 |3000

rodineicf avatar image
rodineicf answered ·

I have a very similar problem i have two Quattros connected each other in a 2 phase 120°, i tried to connect the Venus and they switch and then i don´t have output. I know it´s ok the connection i have do this a lot times before but in this case it´s not working properly.

2 |3000