question

heath avatar image
heath asked

Excess Solar not being used by house when batteries 100%

Hi - my single frustration with the system I have is that once my batteries are charged my solar during the day (typically 3500w) reduces and any excess is pulled from the grid - can this be solved… (I am not a technician or solar expert but this was installed recently by a “solar expert”)

03a92060-a422-4f26-9f80-5a0004b9b1ed.jpegi

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

Can you post of picture of the GX screen? Settings -> ESS.

Possible that your grid meter isn't configured correctly.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

heath avatar image
heath answered ·

Not sure if this helps - although my Victron installer says all the settings are right, by midday my batteries are charged and the yield from my solar reduces from generally around 3000w to about 200watts, whilst my grid usage is high sitting at 1500watts... Might be that i should get in a second installer opinion.

solar-ess5.png

solar-ess4.png

solar-ess3.png

solar-ess2.png

solar-ess1.png

solar-ess5.png (41.9 KiB)
solar-ess4.png (22.6 KiB)
solar-ess3.png (18.7 KiB)
solar-ess2.png (23.9 KiB)
solar-ess1.png (21.9 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Heath

Check if your system has been updated to the latest firmware. The GX should be at between 2.6 or 2.8 depending on how recent the install is.

It seems to only be assisting the critical loads.

0 Likes 0 ·
heath avatar image heath Alexandra ♦ commented ·

thanks - I have updated the firmware - see below....the muliplus update process gives me a fairly onerous screen when i try to run it - which looks like only the installer should do.

solar-firmware.png

0 Likes 0 ·
solar-firmware.png (16.7 KiB)
heath avatar image heath heath commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ heath commented ·

@Heath

Yes leave it to the installer, it will need to be reprogrammed after the firmware update. Should only be done by someone familiar with the system.

The firmware is on the newer end anyway, so it was done at install.

What is the firmware version on the gx device?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I have the same issues on multiple sites. I have been escalating via the support channels.

It's not firmware related but seems to be software driven.

If you have schedules enabled, disable it.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic