question

heinzie avatar image
heinzie asked

Victron AGM super cycle on Phoenix Multi 24-3000

Hi all,

Someone has an "old" Victron Phoenix Multi 24-3000-70. His batteries died. He likes to buy the AGM super cycle batteries because of my good experience with it.

The charger settings in the multi need to be done by button presets and leds.

The charge settings i can make closest to the agm charge settings by my understanding are highlighted in yellow. Correct me if i am wrong. See pic below.

Can this settings be used?

Adaptive charging and battery safe is selected.

Thanks in advance!

screenshot-20210606-100248-drive.jpg

chargerAGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes these setting can be used however I would suggest that you purchase a Victron MK3 (USB to VE.BUS) programing module this way you get far more control over the voltage settings, plus you can also control the Max current as well.

you use the free VE Configure program to configure then

you can download the program and install it then use the demo modes to see how it works

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

ALSO I would suggest you look seriously at the Victron LiFeP04 batteries you would require half the number and they last a LOT LOT longer.

0 Likes 0 ·
heinzie avatar image
heinzie answered ·

Thank you for your answers.

I own a MK3 to usb adapter and if it is positie i will program with VE configure. I allready had some problems with older multi- and multiplusses and it seemed that updating with VE configure was problematiek because of outdated chips. For this one i need to check but was curious about the button settings

The lithium batteries are way to expensive for this person. He is expertise t sell his boat in maybe 5 years. I might need 400 Ah occasionally and that is just way to much money in this case.

Thnaks!

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Just try it. It will work or not. But it would save you a lot of trouble if it works. :)

All 19XXXXX and 20XXXXX chips should work with the MK3.

If the MK3 is not working you'll need a MK2. I'm sure an used MK2 can be found eBay or something.

Programming with the DIP switches and buttons is pain in the a**.

0 Likes 0 ·
heinzie avatar image heinzie Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Yup. It is really a pain in the.. I will have a look! Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic