Hi All,

I have a Victron ESS that consists of the following:
MultiPlus II GX 48/5000
1 x Victron BlueSolar 150/35 (Connected via VE.Direct) - 2kWp Solar Array
1 x Victron SmartSolar 150/35 (Connected via VE.Direct) - 2kWp Solar Array
2 x Pylontech US3000B Lithium Batteries
1 x ASS030720018 - VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS type B Cable 1.8m
1 x Carlo Gavazzi ET112 Grid Meter

The GX device is frequently losing connection to all of the peripherals - The 2 solar charge controllers, the grid meter and sometimes the canbus battery.

The worst is when it disconnects from the Pylontech battery, because then the battery is not receiving the "Keep-alive" signal and the system will consequently trip/shut-down after some time.

To resolve this, I need to reboot the GX device each time using the Remote Console.

The inverter has been updated to firmware level 482 and the GX device is on firmware level 2.66.

Does anybody have insight into this problem?

Multiplus-IIESSVenus GX - VGXPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
yann avatar image
yann answered ·

I have something similar with an EasySolar II GX, connected on 2xPylontech US2000. Sometimes the SmartSolar (the one inside the EasySolar) disapear from the system, And I need to reboot the GX to get it back. And when it disapears, it keeps itself turned off with "bms connection lost" error, and thus the batteries are not charging anymore. Pretty boring, as it is a remote place, and I can't find a way to set up an email alert when a device disapear from the system, so if no one is aware, batteries goes down to 0% and everything shuts down

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

julzb avatar image
julzb answered ·

HI. This issue never got any attention. I have the same issue. If you did resolve, how did you solve it?

2 |3000