question

Dan Collins avatar image
Dan Collins asked

INVERTER OVERLOAD WARNING - Multiplus 48/5000/70

I'm getting an "inverter overload" warning on my 48v Multiplus. These are occurring even when the AC loads are disconnected at the AC breakers.

I've been getting these sporadically (maybe once every 3 months) for almost a year. Normally it goes away if I disconnect the batteries then reconnect them to the multi. However, the latest error message is more persistent and reoccurs soon after the battery is reconnected.

I've searched the group for possible solutions and someone had mentioned updating the firmware to v481 which I have just done, followed by rebooting the CCGX and multi, but the inverter overload warning keeps occurring

There has to be someone in this group smart enough to have some suggestions on a fix

multiple inverterswarnings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Sounds like you have done all that can be done.

the overload warning is just that a warning I presume you are not getting any red shutdowns

Anyway for anyone to investigate further more info is needed

1. full wiring diagram of installation. please

2. all serial numbers and screen shots of the Fw version that all components are on.

3. some VRM SCREEN SHOTS of the errors showing on the VE bus warnings screen and the battery voltage screens all occurring at the same time

5. any other pertinent info that you can think of

6. particular interest the BMS type the battery capacity and battery cable size details and of interest would be the BMS cell readings if you can

7. maybe battery voltage at the battery and also then at the inverter when the inverter load is 5000va

I am not saying that any of the above are the cause, its all for diagnostic purposes.

Sample VRM screen capture showning all the battery and AC load details.

I know you have said there are no AC loads but it will also maybe happen at other times as well

1622863893468.png

1622863893468.png (45.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spicedreams avatar image
spicedreams answered ·

@Paul B, I have a similar problem (though much more frequent). I have fairly "complete" data about it in my post and comments at https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/90356/many-overload-warnings-do-they-matter-how-can-i-te.html

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic