question

paul-2 avatar image
paul-2 asked

Multiplus 24/3000 not charging at full rate

I have a multiplus 24/3000 that should be capable of charging at 70A. I have 3 200AH HE 24V batteries connected through a Lynx ION 400. Everything functions normally, but charging is topping out at about 42A. I've sent the max charge on the multi at 70A with a mk3 programmer. I've got a Cerbo GX /Touch 50 on it and I have tried with and without DVCC and within DVCC I've set the charge max to 70A and also turned that off and just tried to use battery voltage. But I never get the charge rate much above 40A regardless. Everything else seems to function normally. Discharge is fine at over 200A. firmware has all been updated, Not sure what else to adjust to get my other 40% of charge working. Thoughts?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxbattery chargingBMScharge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi Paul,

did you check if 'weak AC input' is unchecked?
screenshot-2021-06-02-074859.png

this setting will also reduce the charging current.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paul-2 avatar image
paul-2 answered ·

Woohoo! 62.3 Amps. Much better. Wonder how to get that last few amps? Maybe a deeper discharge would give it the room to ramp up fully.

2 |3000

allswell avatar image
allswell answered ·

I'm having the same problem, unable to get my Multiplus 24v 3000v 70a to accept more than 50amps from my genset. I have tried unchecking the Weak AC Input box and saving it to the settings... however the next time I open them up, I'm told there is a conflict with the inverter that it has resolved... and then the checkmark is back in that box.

How can I resolve this?screen-shot-2022-11-09-at-80118-am.png

2 |3000

brianshol avatar image
brianshol answered ·

I have a Victron 3000 Multi Plus 24/3000/70-50 and currently connected to 50amp service here at our home. The batter bank is 800ah of Lifepo4 (12 volt) setup as a 24 volt bank.

I also have 2200watts of solar in 2 banks and using 2 Victron Charge controllers, both 250/60 as well as a Cerbo GX. I have a laptop running VE Configure connected to the system via MK#3 USB. All firmware has been updated for all Victron equipment.

The issue I am having is around charging amps. I have the charging profile setup for my LifeP04 batteries with a max of 70 amp charge and weak AC input uncheacked. If I send the settings and then switch the remote panel virtual switch over to off and then to charge or On the battery begins to charge at 65amps (All AC units and heavy draw items off, but assume I still have 5amp of draw taking away from the 70 amp total) The system will continue to charge at 65+ amps until I close the VE config panel or disconnect the USB cable and then the charge drops to 43-46 amps. Have tried a number of different times and results are the same.

I have been watching the charging amps with the solar panels disconnected (43-65amps) and If I connect the panels the total charging amps increases to 85-90 amps. My batteries can take 100amp charge so I am good with this level.

So why does my MultiPlus not save the 70amp charge when the MK3 is removed? Its like the setting are not being saved to the Multiplus.

1 comment
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
When sending the settings from the PC to the mp, is the multi the only thing connected? You must connect the nk3 directly to the multi with nothing else connected when using veconfigure.
0 Likes 0 ·