question

Jaison Curtis avatar image
Jaison Curtis asked

ESS - Charging Stop/Start

Why isn't there a start on charge function?

I would like to be able to only start charging each night once my batteries are down to 60% to allow sufficient capacity for my daytime solar charge.

Previous summers I have limited the charging time but that doesn't really solve my problem.

If I have missed a way to do this please advise,

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Jaison Curtis

You can use the 'scheduled charging' option and have it start every night, with a limit to charge to 60% SOC.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jaison Curtis avatar image
Jaison Curtis answered ·

Thank you but that is stopping the charge.

I wish to start the charge ONLY after the level has gone down to 60%. I need the inverter to keep on working past the start of night rate at 1am and not kick in until 60% is reached. Then maintain until peak rate starts at 8am.

I am surprised that no one else has the same requirement.

At the moment if my batteries are full I may only go down to 85-75% from the time the solar stops.

Then the cycle starts again the next day and not only is power returned to the grid but my batteries are fuller than I would ideally like them to be for optimal life.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthew Walsh avatar image Matthew Walsh commented ·

What was the outcome of this query? Did you manage to get the right settings?

0 Likes 0 ·