question

buha avatar image
buha asked

EasyPlus charger making humming noise when SOC near 100%

I have an EasyPlus 12/1600 here which charges a smallish battery. When the EasyPlus is in Storage or Float mode, it makes an annoying noise, a constant hum or buzz, that changes slightly every now and then, but is always well audible.
My questions are:
- Is this a normal thing for the EasyPlus? Could the humming be caused by some bad external wiring or wiring error?
- Is this the same for the other MultiPlus units? Even the ones labelled as "new model, intended to replace the old MultiPlus series"?

- What about the Phoenix Smart IP43 or Skylla IP65? Do they makle any noise during any SOC?

Thanks!

EasyPlus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jesse avatar image
Jesse answered ·

It's very normal sorry, there are a few threads over these forums discussing this very same hum.

I have a new style multiplus 12/1600 which does the exact same thing at low currents. I don't use it for float, at all. The MPPT's can float quietly, then we just slowly discharge overnight... If I want to float silently I have a crummy old Projecta 25A charger which will do it with no sound!!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic