question

peter5189 avatar image
peter5189 asked

Simrad Evo3S SW Update 20.2 working with Victron App ?

Hello community,

I have a brand-new Victron MultiPlus installation on my boat including a Venus GX to display the charger/inverter data on the Simrad Evo3S MFD. A new SW version (20.2.0) for the MFD became available and should be installed. Will the Victron App still be available and running or is a re-installation necessary? No one from Simrad can answer this question, because it is a third-party SW.

Thanks for you help.

firmware update
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter5189 avatar image peter5189 commented ·

Since I got no response to this specific question, maybe someone from Victron can comment more in general: If the Victron app is running on a MFD, does a SW Update of the MFD change that set-up? Has anyone done this with previous SW updates?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevin-horn avatar image kevin-horn commented ·
I would like to know the status of this also as I have a similar system with cerbo gx that I can't get to connect to simrad evo3. Running next 2.85 ver on cerbo and have simrad 19.1 on mfd but can upgrade if the problem is fixed.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
kevin-horn avatar image
kevin-horn answered ·

Just an update for anybody with this problem. I updated the cerbo gx to the newest 2.86 firmware and updated the evo3 to I believe 22.2ver. It all works now. I had a couple Vulcan 9 screens that also worked after updating them to latest firmware. The only one I couldn't get to work was a evo2 that was installed. Still getting the white screen. All the rest seem to be working.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic