question

Lionel SEYDOUX avatar image
Lionel SEYDOUX asked

Where can I find the usb driver for usb to RS converter

Ve config 3 shows how to load it but it comes back to the previous page. Therefore I am stuck for now

Any place to load it without VeConfig?

Thanks

VictronConnectdriver
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I think you use the wrong program and/or cable.

The RS Inverter and the RS MPPT have both VE.direct and VE.Can as communication ports but only VE.direct can be used to connect the devices to a computer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lionel SEYDOUX answered ·

multiplus-reglages.jpgMerci Mathias,

To be more accurate here is my setup. The correct usb driver is supposed to be in the package of the MK3 to USB interface, but it came without!

I may have to buy a computer with a ethernet port!

Thanks anyway

Lionel

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

VE.Bus is NOT ethernet! Do NOT plug the RJ45 into a ethernet port!

Did you tried this:
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/72307/connection-issues-with-mk3-and-laptop.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Mathias,

Just looked into 72307 with your protocol to install the drivers. Went through it but still that "help on communication" answer after looking for a port. Some remarks:

# I got the USB drivers dated 17/11/2017

# No yellow triangle whatsoever in the device manager.

# 1st try: I had "MK3 to USB" device and updated the driver with the MK3USB drivers. Still no communication after auto seach for a port;

# 2d try: That "MK3 to USB device disapeared. Tries SERIAL USB, same result.

# 3d try: In the list of devices which I looked through, MK3 to USB does not appear nowhere

I am a bit lost by now! will have to wait for my installer who is certainly more clever than me!

Thanks anyway

Lionel

PS: should we merge thes two conversations 72307 and 89182?

2 |3000

Hello Mathias,

My system is OK and I can read all settings. Following is my procedure:

# Load the drivers from "special" menu in VE.config

# note author, names and dates of the files in MK2TOUSB (mainly FTDI, 16/08/2017

# in the peripheral manager searched for these files. Finally found them in "USB serial Converter". The peripheral there is named VID_0403&PID_6015 nothing to do with MK3TOUSB! There, it says "working well"

# Started VEConfig,

# instead of "automatic search" I accepted the default "port 3"

# And there I was. but I dared not modify any except the type of battery which was void and which I set as "flooded deep discharge flat plate" But that will be another query on the forum

That thread can be closed or integrated into a white paper.

(Thanks a lot)^10

Lionel

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic