question

thejodoins avatar image
thejodoins asked

DC - Dc 12V 30amp Simplest configuration

I want to install my Dc to Dc charger at the front of my tear drop travel trailer and do not think it is installed right.

I have black and white neutral wires coming out of my hitch fork to the trailer battery. What minimally do I have to do to make it work at that location (it is in a closed box location) ?.

also, I bridged the ground on my Victron as I don’t need it isolated Can I do that?

Help appreciated

John

installation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich answered ·

Hello John,

do you mean the Orion-TR DC / DC converter?

This device comes in two versions: isolated and non-isolated. In doing so, the minus pole is separated. This is important if you have separate grounds or ground connections. In a vehicle, the negative pole is usually connected to the chassis. In this case an unisolated model can be used. In this case it is also possible to connect both minus poles of an isolated model to the same ground.

So yes you can do that.

I hope I understood your question correctly. To be on the safe side, please measure the flowing currents so that there is no overload and fire hazard.

greetings

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thejodoins avatar image thejodoins commented ·

Thanks Ulrich. That is helpful..

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic