question

roucoups avatar image
roucoups asked

Lifepo4 200Ah non smart - voltage of each individual cell

Hello,

Is there a way to know the voltage of each individual cell in a Lifepo4 200Ah NON smart.

I own a CGX, a BMV 702, a MPPT, a BMS 12/200, lots of Victron Bluetooth dongles, etc. but I have no mean to see the voltage of the cells inside the Lifepo4. Thus, I am not able to determine if the balancing is operational and so on. I just have to guess the BMS 12/200 does its job with the Victron Lifepo4.

I would be a thousand times better if I didn't have to rely on a guess but see the actual values of each cell in my Lifepo4.

If anyone has an answer...

Thank you.

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

usually the BMS that you choose when you install the batteries will give you that option or not.

the BMS monitors each cell and some systems report this to a local interface and app.

non of the Victron systems can do this as they dont do cell level BMS

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

That's not correct.

The 'smart' LiFePO4 batteries have cell voltage readout
The (HE) Li-ion batteries I don't know
I also don't know if the VE.bus BMS shows cell voltages through a Venus device

0 Likes 0 ·
roucoups avatar image
roucoups answered ·

So, unfortunately without a Smart Lifepo4, there is no way to know if the cells in a Victron Lifepo4 are correctly balanced and if its internal BMS works properly?

Is it really impossible to know the level of each individual cell? It is easy to control the voltage of the individual cells in any cheaper 12V Lifepo4 battery. It sucks...

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic