question

cristian-ros avatar image
cristian-ros asked

Color Control GX Lost Fronius Primo Communication

Dear Victron Team

We installed 2 years ago a Color Control Console to a Fronius Primo.

All the System was working correctly, we could see the Fronius into the Console and Chargin the batteries were solar was available. Recently what we just found out is that the Fronius is working correctly, producing power etc but the Color Control is chargin the batteries from the Grid ignoring the Fronius.

The Fronius just disappeared of the screen and we can´t find it again (we alreayd reboot both devices de CCGX and the Inverter, scanned etc.. ) and nothing.

I was thinking on chaning the TCP Port to look up (now is the default 080) or maybe the LAN has changes IP adresses and I should look for another port?

Any way to check IP adress into the Fronius and scan from the CCGX and find it? What could had happened?

Is there any chance you guys can help me out?

Thanks!

FroniusTCP IP Networking
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
sean avatar image
sean answered ·

Are you still able to access the Fronius local management console on the local network ?

Using an IP scanner such as Fing will help you identify the inverters address, just enter that in your internet browser.

Mine are all set to DHCP so occasionally change, however Venus seems to automatically find the new IP, it may well be that Venus talks to Fronius in another manner.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cristian-ros avatar image cristian-ros commented ·

Thanks Sean for the prompt reply.

I am not an IT/comms specalist but I think I know how to identify the IP adress by using FING or others apps

My question is, once I got that new IP adress as I do believe DHCP has change it could you please let me know how to introduce that IP adress in the CCGX to find again the Fronius?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi , is there any advice on how I can look and find the inverter once I got the IP adress of the Fronius?

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Go: Settings -> PV Inverters and then press "Press to Scan"

2 comments
2 |3000

I already did that and nothing is shown..

0 Likes 0 ·
sean avatar image sean cristian-ros commented ·

Are you sure the Fronius is on the same network ?

As it's a Primo you'll be able to browse to its data manager card via its local IP address.

If you can't find the local IP using Fing, or similar, you'll have to manually confirm/configure via the Fronius front panel display.

Ignore the Victron products untill you can be sure the Fronius is attached to the local network, and you can browse to it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Keith Arnold avatar image
Keith Arnold answered ·

i have my Fronius on a fixed IP so it dont change. ccgx also has an IP. then on your computer on the same nework type in run (in the block that says type here to search). run will present an entery block type in PING and the ip address of the fronius. the result should be an answer with a few ms. or a time out. if it is a time out then the fronius is not on, or not on that address.

then type run and repeat ping for the ccgx, should also answer. is they both answer they will see one another.

you can check the fronius set up by typing the ip address in explorer. on network it must have your router with its key. and it will show the IP address. dynamic or static. here is where i made mine static.

2 |3000