question

ingeniero-sumsol avatar image
ingeniero-sumsol asked

Problem with Ignore dedicated AC input in three phase system.

Hello, I have a problem with a three-phase installation consisting of 3x Multiplus 48/5000/70-100. It is an off-grid installation with a Pylontech lithium battery bank and SmartSolar controllers, all controlled with a Cerbo GX through DVCC. The system works smoothly off-grid. But a three-phase electrical network connection was installed in the sector, and with this the house was connected to the network and increased consumption with the intention of using the electrical network.

The idea of the new operating mode is to use the solar system as a priority (and complete backup in case of grid failure), and to leave the grid as support at times when the loads exceed the capacity of the inverters or the batteries are low. For this, the virtual switch was configured in "Ignore dedicated AC input" mode, according to manuals this instruction must be configured only to Master L1 and when doing it in this way the instruction really works but only responds to the values of L1, and when it is exceeded the power (4500W) in L2 or L3 the system does not transfer, generating an overload in inverters and cutting the system. When configuring the virtual switch with the same instruction to ignore AC input in each inverter, the instruction of (no) ignore AC input definitely does not work or operate in any way, the AC input is always ignored and does not transfer at any time.

Is there a way to ignore AC input in 3 phase system and work for all 3 phases, and the system can immediately switch from inverter to main when the loads for any phase exceed the established power limit? (All devices are with updated firmwares.)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger3 phasevirtual switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
redsam avatar image
redsam answered ·

hello

i have the same problem and i couldn't find a solution

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Roman Štembera avatar image
Roman Štembera answered ·

You need to

- set-up the L1, L2 and L3 units to close the AUX relay in the case of overload using assistants.

- then you need to wire output OF ALL these relays to the AUX2 input on the master.

-link the general flag to the AUX2 input using assistant on the master

- program assistants on the master to NOT ignore AC IN in the case the general flag is CLOSED, ignore it in the case it is OPEN.

This is the only way I have found to implement OR condition for overload detection on ANY of the units.

2 |3000

teejay avatar image
teejay answered ·

How about to use the "general flag / ignore ac input". It is possibe to solve this problem with this assistant?

general-flag.png

general-flag.png (23.1 KiB)
2 |3000