question

digimer avatar image
digimer asked

Can a Quattro 48/5000/70-100/100 120V be configured to never back-feed to the grid?

I want to use the Quattro to act as a UPS of sorts. That is, I want to leave it connected to the grid, and draw from it when needed, but never back-feed to the grid. Can this be configured this way? We're not allowed to feed power back into the grid for safety reasons (at least not without special equipment that I want to avoid).

I'm assuming this is possible as I can't imagine boats would ever feed back to shore power, and I want to use my grid as basically just shore power for the solar/battery "micro-grid" I am building.

I tried to find the online manual to see if it was there, but I couldn't find the manual in the download section.

Thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

In standard factory configuration the Quattro does not feed in. It acts in passthrough and charger if the grid is available and it will completely disconnect if the grid is not available and working in inverter mode.

Some configuration effort is required to allow grid feed in. For example, a grid code needs to be entered before feed-in can be allowed at all.

Here is the Quattro manual:
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Quattro-5k-10k-120V-(firmware-xxxx4xx)-EN-ES.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

digimer avatar image
digimer answered ·

Thank you for clarifying!

I misunderstood the 'firmware' line in the file as being a link to the actual firmware. I now understand it's a reference that the manual is based on the firmware.

Cheers!

2 |3000