question

Carlos Carvalho avatar image
Carlos Carvalho asked

Solar Charger - MPPT 450/100 bulk, float equalisation parameters

Hello, have a

Solar Charger - MPPT 450/100

connected to a 12S4P battery bank made of Nissan Leaf batteries.

The nominal voltage of each cell is 3.65V and would like to charge at a maximum of 4.05V per cell and discharge up to 3.40V per cell.

What should be the ideal float, bulk, equalization values?

battery chargingMPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The issue you should be focusing on I think, is your BMS unit as this has to keep each of the cells balanced ie no one cell over 4.05v or under 3.40 and if any one goes over then the charge MUST be turned off, or under then all loads should be turned OFF

you have to look up your cells brand and then get the specs for the cells and times that by 12

but as a Guess

If all cells max charge is 4.05 then a 12 x 4.05 is the Bulk Absorption level there abouts (note the 4.05 is the MAX level so best to be under that) float is about 12 x3.90 or there abouts

equalization is not required EVER so sett that at the float level

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Carlos Carvalho answered ·

The cells max is 4.20V but I do not like surprises so I prefer to rely on being cautious. The BMS is configured to shut down once a cell reaches 4.15V or under 3V.

2 |3000

Carlos Carvalho answered ·

The alarm is triggered by automatic monitoring. How to disable it ?

automatic-monitoring.jpg

2 |3000