question

james-e avatar image
james-e asked

why use BMV and GX color control

Hi - I am wondering why you often see both a battery monitor and a GX color control used - in fact the wall mounting from Victron has space for both - surely with the GX there is no need for a BMV item? And you only need the BMV if there is no GX color control ?

BMV Battery Monitormonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

the CCGX has no battery monitor built in.

It is (only) a Display/Controller and displays the data received from connected devices e.g. a BMV, Multi or MPPT.

In short: If you want to view your battery data on the CCGX, you need a separate battery monitor.

Regards,

Markus

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

james-e avatar image james-e commented ·

Thanks for the explaination

0 Likes 0 ·
marvs avatar image marvs commented ·

I know this post is a couple of years old so I think it’s outdated. With the release of the SmartShunt I don’t think you need to have the BMV-712 and the CCGX at the same time as you can connect the SmartShunt directly to the CCGX.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jay Kote avatar image
Jay Kote answered ·

Hole in product. If you buy 600 monitor, you should be able to buy shunt only, not a separate unit.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic