question

mrcottonwood avatar image
mrcottonwood asked

BMV-712 SOC Relay

VConnect App says when configuring Low SOC relay: "When the state-of-charge percentage is between the set and clear, the relay will be closed"

Great but it doesn't seem to be doing that. I want the relay to be closed whenever the SOC is between 30 an 80. ie. SOC > 30 and SOC < 80. Less than 30 or greater than 80 it should be open.

Does the SOC have to get down to the lower value before it will close and then only open when it gets to the higher value or can I have it do what it says it will do? If not is there a way using usb/vedirect cable to send simple commands to control the relay?

Thx

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rickp avatar image rickp commented ·

What are you controlling with the relay? I ask because I also started with the 712 but found better ways to do what was needed (control charging, in my case).

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@mrcottonwood

You will need to invert the relay in the settings.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrcottonwood avatar image
mrcottonwood answered ·

Thanks but unfortunately it didn't work. After inverting, the relay was closed between 30-80% SOC but it did not open when SOC rose above 80%. I tried with the relay in DFLT & CHRG modes, no luck. Did I miss something?

Similar issue https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/49451/bmv-712-is-there-any-way-to-separate-the-soc-relay.html

Is anyone using https://github.com/karioja/vedirect or any other simple (python/command line) software to remotely control the relay?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@mrcottonwood

That is odd. I have mone doing the the same thing and it has been fine.

The only thing i can think is a synchronization issue?

Mine does cycle down to the 30% and then back up to the 80% so that may be the difference.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic