question

pmikep avatar image
pmikep asked

Feature Request: Option to scale VictronConnect for Windows

My friend has the screen size on her Win10 Laptop set to 150%. (For her old eyes.) As you can see in the screen shot, the standard VictronConnect window does not scale to fit. Nor can I scroll it.

It would be nice to have the option to choose a different size of the window, or, as a minimum, to have the window show scroll bars.

vicrton-screen-size.jpg

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @pmikep

Thank you for your post, the developers have been notified.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pmikep avatar image
pmikep answered ·

Okay, there is now a scroll bar. But it still doesn't work correctly. (And, the scroll bar works 'backward' to Window's Convention.)

It's easier to show in a video. (2 1/2 minutes) The laptop Display is set for 150% larger text.

https://jmp.sh/WfoSWCv

2 |3000

jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hello,

Fixing this is in our ToDo list. We expect to start working on it soon. Thank you for the video.

2 |3000

pmikep avatar image
pmikep answered ·

Your quick response is one of the reasons that I like buying Victron Products. There are a lot of companies that make somewhat good products, but do not listen to their customers. So I appreciate Victron's openness in addressing problems.

2 |3000

pmikep avatar image
pmikep answered ·

Unfortunately, this cutting off of the Victron Connect Window continues, and a problem with scrolling.

(Victron Connect 5.48.)

Here is a short video showing the problem on a Desktop Display this time, with text scaling set to the Windows' default.

https://jmp.sh/eFoMAd6

So this should be the easiest case for Victron Connect to display correctly. But it doesn't.

Once this easy case is fixed for Desktop Displays, then the laptop display problem, with larger text scaling, can be addressed.

1 comment
2 |3000

pmikep avatar image pmikep commented ·
It occurs to me that perhaps the default window size is set for 800 x 600 (or something similar) to accommodate a standard screen size.

If so, I understand. But this would require that font sizes be adjusted to fit everything in the window when all the text elements can show.

0 Likes 0 ·
GaMe YoU avatar image
GaMe YoU answered ·

Victron connect as soon in picture is not fully fitted inside the windows. You can take help from the source i provided which helps you to solve your problem easily.

source - https://windowliveupdates.com/

If you can find you solution reply me i updated the link.

2 |3000

Related Resources