question

laurent444 avatar image
laurent444 asked

Is it possible to use shore power as input for a SmartSolar MPPT charge controller to charge 12V AGM battery?

Hi All,

I am designing my electrics for my van. There is already a 230V AC, shore power, network in my van. I would like to add a 12V circuit for off-grid circumstances, for charging laptop, running lights and a fridge. I would like to mainly charge this battery with 200/300W solar power via the SmartSolar MPPT XX/XX charge controller. But I think it would be beneficial to also be able to charge it via shore power if solar power is no option. Would it be possible and safe to charge the 12V battery (AGM Deep Cycle 250Ah) using a laptop charger plugged in my 230V AC network connected to the SmartSolar MPPT XX/XX charge controller? I would add a breaker between my solar panel and SmartSolar controller and solder a plug on my old laptop charger to easily connect it. This way I don't have to buy a separate 230/12V charger.

Thank you for your help and advice!

MPPT ControllersMPPT SmartSolarAGM Batterymppt chargingshorepower
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

I would like to introduce to you a very useful feature: The search function:

1618649211755.png

I think you have re-asked one of the most frequently asked questions here, already answered many times.

BR

1618649211755.png (48.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

laurent444 avatar image
laurent444 answered ·

Hi Markus,

Thank you, I tried some searches in the search function but not yet the right one. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Laurent

2 |3000